RE: [Xen-users] Creating lvm on new image file or attach image as block

To: Chris Andrews <khris4@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Creating lvm on new image file or attach image as block device
From: Joshua Kinard <joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:29:01 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:33:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You might be interested in my posts in the thread "Bootable LiveDVD w/ Xen that
boots Windows image?".

Simple answer, though, for RAW images (I tried w/ qcow, and Xen didn't like):

losetup /dev/loop0 <image>
<lvm commands to work with block devices>

See the above mentioned thread for a more specific example and usage.  Also
consult the man page on the 'losetup' command, which is extremely versatile and
allows you to tie file images to a loopback block device for a variety of odd
purposes.

Cheers!,

--J