Re: [Xen-users] No login prompt for DomainU with Xen 3.1 on CentOS 5.3

To: W.Guo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] No login prompt for DomainU with Xen 3.1 on CentOS 5.3
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:12:54 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:13:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/7/24  <W.Guo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I just installed CentOS 5.3 and try the built-in Xen 3.1 with it. But even the
> typical ttyLinux doesn't work when the domain is created.-- it just doesn't
> give
> me the login prompt while the domain ttylinux is booted.

> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
> extra = "3 xencons=console"   ### This option works in Xen 3.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.

> Actually I think Xen 3.1 should work perfectly with a fresh installed CentOS.

Installing Centos on top of Centos with virt-install/virt-manager
should work, but if you use other templates you might need to adapt
some settings. In your case probably "xencons=console" is ignored by
domU kernel. Since your boot log says "Xen virtual console
successfully installed as xvc0", try setting up xvc0. See
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-04/msg00152.html

--
Fajar