Re: [Xen-users] DHCP problem when changing motherboard

To: Evan Lavelle <sa212+xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DHCP problem when changing motherboard
From: Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:52:45 +0300
Cc: Xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:53:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 15:21 +0100, Evan Lavelle wrote:
> Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Could not find bridge
> device xenbr0.

Perhaps the xen network script fails to set up the bridge properly. Most
likely eth0 mac address has changed, so the init stuff automatically
renames it to something different.

I think Simon Hobson has the right answer for you (he replied a few
minutes ago), although I usually have a different approach.
Editing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and changing HWADDR to
the new board mac address will also do the trick. A "service network
restart" should then properly set up eth0, but you may still need to
restart xen stuff in order to get xenbr0 up.

Cheers,

Radu