[Xen-users] Multiple NICs, different subnets, wrong default gateway bein

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Multiple NICs, different subnets, wrong default gateway being set
From: qwbillings <wade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:28:43 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:42:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a very wierd issue happening on a XEN DomU FC8 server. The issue is
this:

I have eth0 set to DHCP. I have the DCHPD server offering up a router option
setting and have verified via tcpdump capture that it is giving out this
information correctly. I then have eth1 set to be static on a completely
different subnet (without a gateway statement). When I do a service network
start/restart, what happens is that the default gateway gets set to the IP
address of eth1 and not the router received from DHCP.

When I place a GATEWAY statement in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 (the static interface) and set it
to the gateway handed out by DHCP, it all works just fine and the default
gateway gets set correctly.

So, it looks like the eth1 interface is stomping on eth0 and the DHCP
information being passed to it.

I have two questions; 1) Why is this happening and 2) what can I do to fix
it right? Setting the gateway in ifcfg-eth1 for the other interface seems
hacky and wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

Wade