Re: [Xen-users] Re: can the root password be recovered from a DomU

To: Tanuj Bansal <bansal.tanuj83@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: can the root password be recovered from a DomU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:18:10 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 24 May 2009 23:18:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Tanuj Bansal <bansal.tanuj83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I do this on a file
> DomU config file
> disk = [ "tap:aio:/mnt/Domu/server.dsk,xvda,w" ]
>
> I can mount this server.dsk file's partitions  using losetup and kpartx
> But how to mount this whole file in a single directory to use chroot

With that setup, you don't mount the whole file. You mount its
partitions (which apparently you already do).
So for example if your domU root is on xvda1, and you use losetup and
kpartx to make it available as /dev/mapper/loop0p1, and you already
mount it on /mnt, you simply have to run "chroot /mnt"

Other setups require you to mount the whole file, or use LVM, but from
what you describe you don't need those.

--
Fajar