Re: [Xen-users] Installing linux as hvm client?

http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#DomU.28guest.29

That should get you going.

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I'm running Xen with a *BSD dom0. I want to install Linux as a domU,
>but can't find any xen enabled install kernels.

What distro?

>Is it feasable to install the distribution iso using hvm?  I seem to
>have the iso running, but can't connect to the console.

So you have booted off the iso, how are you trying to connect to the
console?

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-055e0812e71ae0f61611e211e2a320d20716e2b9

You can also enable vnc if you require a graphical installer and connect
to the console that way. There are more options as well but that is the
simplest.

Keep in mind the performance of the HVM will be substantially lower without
at least pv drivers. I would rectify whatever install issue you have preventing
a pv based setup.

jlc