Re: [Xen-users] can one do traffic accounting on bridged domU's?

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fabian, on what OS did you install pmacct? Seeing as there'e no rpm, and I'm
> using CentOS, I'm a bit precautious about installing it.

If you want something with as little installation as possible, and you
already give your vifs unique name, a simple change to vif-bridge
script should work for snmp. Here's mine (using Xen 3.3.1's vif-bridge
as base) : http://pastebin.com/f7ef8a39f
The only change required is two lines that restarts snmpd (there
should be a better way to do this, but it works). I put the script on
/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge-snmp

The vif line in my domU config look like this
vif =   [
        'mac=00:16:3E:F3:AE:C0, bridge=br102, script=vif-bridge-snmp,
vifname=rad-eth0',
        ]

With that, anything that can get snmp data using interface name (e.g.
cacti) should work.

--
Fajar