RE: [Xen-users] Interacting with graphical domU's on workstation

Petersson, Mats wrote:

> 2. Virtual machine is getting the keyboard and moust movements via QEMU.
> To get from Windows to QEMU, there are several steps, each of which adds
> to the total latency too. When the guest recieves the interrupt from
> "mouse has moved", it takes the interrupt some number of cycles later,
> reads the IO-port of the virtual mouse/keyboard controller (or virtual
> USB-device if that's what you're using as mouse-interface) which causes
> a VMEXIT. The VMEXIT then causes a IO-request to QEMU (which includes a
> "event-channel" to Dom0 and Dom0 waking QEMU). QEMU then decodes the IO
> access and does whatever the keyboard/mouse controller would have done
> in the real hardware, e.g. deliver the position data and mouse-button
> status). Then the guest is awakened again.

Hi,

I know this is a very "ancient post". But I'm wondering...  How does Xen
knows whom the interrupt belongs to. And where is that function in the Xen
source that does that?

I've been trying to source that answer for quite some time already.

Advice needed urgently.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tan