Re: [Xen-users] Problem with GPLPV drivers for server 2008

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem with GPLPV drivers for server 2008
From: Derek Danks <derek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:54:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:55:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Thanks for the advice. But as soon as I reboot with the Xen nic setup,
I run
into the same issue. The only way I can get to login via rdp is to disable
the drivers (NOGPLPV).
:-(

On Friday 15 May 2009 16:12:51 Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> >> Unfortunately that page is somewhat outdated :P
> >> For one, the drivers are activated by default (without the need for
> >> any switch), but you can add NOGPLPV to deactivate it.
> >
> > Are there any newer instructions available?
>
> No centralized place so far. The biggest difference has been the NOGPLPV
> switch.
>
> For Windows 2008 x64 domU I had to do this workaround:
> - after installting the driver, DO NOT REBOOT YET
> - run bcdedit to add NOGPLV entry
> - reboot WITH NOGPLPV, choosing disable driver signature enforcement
> - reboot again using standard option (don't select NOGPLPV) and
> choosing disable driver signature enforcement. It will say "new disk
> installed" (or something like that).
> - reboot again, choosing disable driver signature enforcement.
> - setup ip address for xen net
>
> However some people said they've successfully install it the normal
> way without any workarounds, YMMV.
>
> > I had 2 disks originally these are still the only ones shown in
> > "computer". In device manager I do have 2 nic's, the Xen one and a
> > Realtek one which has a warning triangle in the icon.
>
> That looks normal.
>
> > I have added an entry for NOGPLPV and booted from it. I can now rdp into
> > the server. Am I safe to uninstall and try installing again?
>
> I'm out of ideas :P
> Try rebooting and see if it works. If not, hopefully James Harper can help
> you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fajar

Regards Derek

Derek Danks
Systems Administrator

Comodo CA Ltd., Registered in England No 04058690

Registered Office:
3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and may be read, copied or used only by the intended recipients.
If you have received it in error please contact the sender immediately by
returning the e-mail. Please delete the e-mail and do not disclose any of its
contents to anyone. Replies to this email may be monitored by Comodo for
operational or business reasons. No responsibility is accepted for loss or
damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was
sent.