[Xen-users] should restarting xend restart all the domU's?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] should restarting xend restart all the domU's?
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 07:59:17 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 May 2009 05:00:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had an issue late yesterday where some windows domU's were down. The
person who "owns" those domUs let windows updates install and then
restart, which they failed to restart. When I tried to manually restart
them I was getting can't allocate memory errors.

In the past I've had can't allocate memory errors when trying to bring
up a new domU. Restarting virt-manager usually clears that. This time it
did not help.

So I restarted xend. Only problem is it restarting all the domUs that
were running ok.

1) Is that the expected behavior? (restarting xend restarts all domUs)

2) Is there anything else I should have checked or done for the memory
error besides restarting xend?

System is sles10sp2, ocfs2 storage, xen-3.2.0_16718_18-0.3.

Thanks,
James