RE: [Xen-users] High Availablility

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] High Availablility
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:07:56 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 May 2009 07:08:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I was wondering if there is software out there for Xen which will handle
> high availability for a cluster of servers. By high availability here I
> mean if one of the Xen physical nodes should die, the VMs from that host
> will be started on other nodes. I know something like this can be
> achieved with linux ha for a pair of servers, but I'm looking for
> something which will work across 5 or more servers and I can't see
> anything documented for this.

I would look at two projects that are starting to come into the mainstream of
Xen: Project Remus and Kemari.

>From http://www.xen.org/community/projects.html

# Project Kemari - (Contact: Yoshi Tamura)

    * Definition: Virutal machine sychronization for fault tolerance
    * Links: Abstract - Xen Summit Boston 2008 Presentation - Video (368 MB) -
Demo (11 MB)

Project Remus -
http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2009/04/02/project-remus-released/

Thanks.