Re: [Xen-users] Re: export single partitions to xen 3.1.2 domU

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: export single partitions to xen 3.1.2 domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:50:01 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:50:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just as a clarification, as I read the various manuals,
> it seems that the key difference is that
> the enterprise linux 5.2/xen 3.1.2 (labeled 3.0.3 as it comes from Redhat)
> is running libvirt, and my previous setup that I'm trying to
> upgrade to that was not.

Libvirt (for most purposes) is just a frontend. You can dump libvirt
altogether if you like (which is what I did) and manage domUs using xm
commands. That way (if you want to) it can be just like your previous
setup.
Which is why I told you earlier

"If by "convert" you mean "run these old dom0 on new version of dom0",
then you don't have to do anything. Old domU config should run just
fine."

> So does anyone know how to export a single partition to a
> libvirt-enabled xen domU that's otherwise installed already, or

First method is to shutdown domU and edit its config file. They're
still located under /etc/xen.
Second method is to use "xm block-attach" (or virsh attach-disk). You
may still have to edit the config file afterwards.

> how to take a non-libvirt domU with 3 such partitions and turn it
> into one that is\

Put the config file on /etc/xen, run "xm create" or "xm new"