Re: [Xen-users] Windows DomU on NAS

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:12:35AM -0700, Chris Black wrote:
> Thanks for the tips guys!
>
> So to recap, to expand the drive. I allocated more space to the Volume
> in Equallogic, did a logout and login on Dom0 of the iSCSI target.
> Restarted DomU and then used "Disk Management" to expand the C drive
> onto the new space. Worked great!
>
> Now, I was also wondering about any performance or other issues there
> might be with using an iSCSI DomU?

Well, domU doesn't know anything about the disk being on iSCSI, so it's all
up to dom0 configuration..

So make sure your iscsi-initiator, network and possible multipath settings
are correct and well tuned on dom0, and you should be all fine.

You can benchmark the iSCSI LUN on dom0 to make sure everything on your dom0
and on your network and SAN are correct.

Equallogic storage performs well, so that shouldn't be a problem, and it offers
good monitoring features to see what's happening and where the possible
bottlenecks are.

-- Pasi