Re: [Xen-users] Re: number of ips

Disclaimer: I have never actually tried this, but I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't work. You might also be interested reading http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html

As far as I'm aware, Xen (at least in Debian, check the xend-config.sxp & the network scripts it uses, most likely network-bridge & vif-bridge) adds the approriate iptables entrys to allow traffic to pass from the domains if you are operating purely on Xen config (if your iptables' FORWARD policy is otherwise secure. Tho, generally it isn't). vif-bridge script adds two rules to IPTables when new vif interface is brought up: -A FORWARD -s $IPOFDOMU/32 -m physdev --physdev-in $DOMUVIF -j ACCEPT #like IPOFDOMU=52.35.123.250 and DOMUVIF=vif6.0 -A FORWARD -p udp -m physdev --physdev-in $DOMUVIF -m udp --sport 68 --dport 67 -j ACCEPT #For DHCP traffic. Of course in your case this should be removed (or simply add rule top of the forward chain that blocks port 67 and 68 traffic).

Bassicly what you first need to do is create a ruleset to FORWARD chain that permits anything from external interface and let Linux decide what to do with it. You could, of course, also check that they are destined to legitime IP addresses. After that is working, when domain is created, it should add the approriate rules automaticly. The last rule (or policy) should be DROP.

Xen doesn't handle adding IPs to the guest OS, so that is manual work on the guest OS (of course, there is many ways to automate that (like installing puppet agent on the guest domains and making Dom0 as puppetmaster)).

-Eljas Alakulppi