[Xen-users] Fast traffic to Dom0 from DomU router halts vifs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Fast traffic to Dom0 from DomU router halts vifs
From: "Eljas Alakulppi" <Buzer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:21:01 +0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:22:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello.

I have a weird problem. When I download something to Dom0 from internet (goes thru DomU router), download goes fine for about a sec, but then it stops for few secs. After that, it might continue and it will be fine during the rest of the download. However, it might also completly stop. If it does stop, all DomU networks stop working (no indications in any logs, but ssh/ping from Dom0 or DomU to another DomU doesn't work nor does network connectivy from router DomU to external network), but physical LAN still works even to Dom0. I can also access DomUs using 'xm console'.

Sometimes connectivy comes back after a few minutes, but often I need to reboot Dom0.

What makes this even weirder is that that is the only scenario which causes it. Download from any DomU works without problems. Download from any physical LAN machine works without problems. Download from DomU works without problems. Traffic (upload and download) between Dom0 and another physical machine works.

This started happening after I upgraded from Debian etch to Debian lenny. I have also tried using different network interfaces, but that doesn't help.

I have also tried switching bridge controlling to /etc/network/interfaces (fd, helo and maxwait 0, stp off + network-dummy @ xend-config.sxp), but that didn't help either.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

-Eljas Alakulppi