RE: [Xen-users] Creating DomU by copying the files from another DomU

To: <bansal.tanuj@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Creating DomU by copying the files from another DomU
From: Ryan Perc <furor_hater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:05:34 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 04:06:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The way I would do it is shutdown the domU and

dd if=/dev/sdaX of=/dev/sdaY

then

copy sdaX cfg file -> sdaY and make the changes you need.

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:10:07 +0530
From: bansal.tanuj@xxxxxxxxx
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi:

2 DomU are running on my systems and I would like to add one more there but without installing it.

My DomU 1,2 are in /dev/sda7 and /dev/sda8

how is it possible to create another DomU using disk dev/sda9 without installing media.

I got the information from somewhere on gogole to use the below steps but it did not work

1. ext3 /dev/sda9
2. mount it
3. Copy all data from DomU1 to mounted disk
4. unmount
5. create DomU configuration file
6. now boot new DomU

After the above steps the DomU starts grub and then deid....

TANUJ BANSAL

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.