RE: [Xen-users] Xen Backup Method

To: "Javier Guerra" <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Umut Arus" <umuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen Backup Method
From: "Tait Clarridge" <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:37:32 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:38:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, it seems the easiest way to backup a domU is to use the backup solution
that you have been using for your physical servers. Same goes for dom0.

You can experiment with other things, but to provide zero downtime and a clean
backup those seem like the best solutions. I have been working on something
that backs up files after degrading a DRBD array (where the vm files are
hosted), but then if you restore a VM it thinks that the power cord has been
pulled. This has zero downtime but a MUCH higher probability that the VM could
become corrupt. As I've said, it's a work in progress.

Tait