Re: [Xen-users] Bridging with multiple public IPs

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Ravikesh Chandra
<rcha108@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As an update to this post I can report that I have gotten the desired
> network functionality working for me. Basically I found that the
> configuration I need to use matches exactly this:
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/360 (see Diagram). Let's say

No it's not.
Not if you neglect to mention (as stated in that site) "The new IP
addresses were each routed via my existing public address". Had you
mention it it would've been much simpler.

There's a big difference in "use the same gateway as your exisiting
address" and "the new addresses are routed via your existing address".

> Unfortunately although I tried a lot, I couldn't figure out exactly how to
> set up a bridged configuration using the dummy interface on my CentOS server

Assuming your newly-assigned IP address range is 77.56.14.144/29, you
could probably create  /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br14 on
dom0 with

DEVICE=br14
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge
IPADDR=77.56.14.145
NETMASK=255.255.255.248

and set domU to use br14.

You also need to enable ipv4 packet forwarding on dom0 (something like
"net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" on sysctl.conf)

> as in the linked Debian article. In the end I have managed to get networking
> going using routed configuration, and these are the settings I've used (they
> may help someone?):
>

> DomU: # cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> ..
> IPADDR=77.56.14.146
> NETMASK=255.255.0.0
> GATEWAY=77.56.44.190

That doesn't look right. Again, you should compare the config you got
with the one on the example. domU's ifcfg-eth0 should be something
like

IPADDR=77.56.14.146
NETMASK=255.255.255.248
GATEWAY=77.56.14.145