Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualized vs HVM - how big is the performance gap?

To: Xen-user List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualized vs HVM - how big is the performance gap?
From: Tim Edwards <tedwards@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:16:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 03:17:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno) wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I have a dom0 server running SL 5.1 (i386), and I was able to install a
> SL 4.7 (i386) domU.
> When you say virt-install command/libvirt do not allow, what are the
> errors you are getting?
>
> Cheers,
> N.

I've looked into the virt-install command in more detail now. The
problem is that the SL4.3 installation tree has no images/xen/
directory, whereas more recent RHEL/SL 4.x (eg. 4.6, 4.7) do. The
virt-install expects to retrieve a vmlinuz and initrd.img from there.
(The error is "Invalid file location given: No such file or directory")

Tim Edwards