RE: [Xen-users] "xm dmesg" ring buffer size option?

To: 'James Takahashi' <takahash@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] "xm dmesg" ring buffer size option?
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:31:23 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:33:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It looks that two hard sizes limit xm dmesg outputs, which don't allow
for change for now but you may change it manually:

tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c:
pyxc_readconsolering:
        char         _str[32768], *str = _str;
        unsigned int count = 32768;
Here the query buffer is limited to 32k

xen/drivers/char/console.c
#define CONRING_SIZE 16384
#define CONRING_IDX_MASK(i) ((i)&(CONRING_SIZE-1))
static char conring[CONRING_SIZE];

Above limits Xen to only log 16k outputs

Thanks,
Kevin