RE: [Xen-users] Debian Lenny & LVM Partitions

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Debian Lenny & LVM Partitions
From: "Alan" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:11:40 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 19:12:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Fajar,

It is a fresh debootstrap install, with the kernel on the domU booting with pygrub.

The reason I prefer the domU to be partitioned as per a normal non Xen install is I can mount different folders with different permissions etc. For example, /tmp as noexec/nosuid.

I might try doing an install onto a standard partition setup (no LVM) and see how it goes.

For the record, I've done this method with Ubuntu 7.10/8.04/8.10 with no issues.

Regards,

Alan