[Xen-users] Most of You Have Probably Seen This 100 Times, But...

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Most of You Have Probably Seen This 100 Times, But...
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:18:31 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:19:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Attempting to install a fully virtualized instance of Windows 2003 fails on CentOS 5.2 x86_64 with xen-3.0.3-64.el5.

After issuing the command...

    # virt-install --hvm -s 70 -f /vm/ts05/ts05.dsk -n ts05 --cdrom /download/Win2003x64/disk1.iso --vnc -r 1024

The script just hangs at...

    Creating domain...

In another terminal window, I can see that vnc-viewer has been started and is waiting for the VM to startup...

    31801 pts/0    S+     0:00 /usr/bin/virt-viewer --connect xen --wait 6
So I gather that the VM is not starting.

SELinux is disabled. Any ideas?

--Eric

Disclaimer - February 28, 2009

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Mangement and Physician's Managed Care. Warning: Although Physician Select Mangement and Physician's Managed Care has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

This disclaimer was added by Policy Patrol: http://www.policypatrol.com