Re: [Xen-users] Guest config lost

> Where is it from?

It's from an earlier xen server which was shutdown and the drives taken out for
something else. The guest.img had been backed up but the rest was lost in the
drive change.

> Second, you need to know what kind of guest it is. Is it Xen PV, Xen
> HVM, KVM, vmware, virtualbox, or whatever.

It's a xen guest. I know most everything about it, it's IP, drive size, memory,
things like that.

> Next, assuming it's Xen, you can simply create a generic PV or HVM
> configuration. You may lose some networking info (IP address and such,
> since some distros bind it to MAC address), but it might not be
> important and there's a way to get it back later.

Actually install one then use it's config or just create the configuration file?