[Xen-users] RE: Xen 3.3.1 + Windows 2008 x64 + GPLPV 0.9.12-pre13 = corr

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: Xen 3.3.1 + Windows 2008 x64 + GPLPV 0.9.12-pre13 = corruption?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:19:20 +1100
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:20:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Yes, that probably isn't good news. With a recent version of Xen and
> > phy: or tap:aio, windows seems to pick up that one drive is an
> > 'alternate path' to the other and ignores one, otherwise things will go
> > bad pretty quickly.
> >
> > I'd need to see the windows debugger output on boot to know what was
> > going on though.
> >

> And how can I get that? It should involve something like a serial
> console so that the output can be captured, right?

I think I documented it on the wiki. Basically yes, you use a virtual serial
port on the DomU and connect the debugger to it.

I'm nearing the end of a pretty major set of changes to gplpv, but haven't
tested x64 yet... hopefully I'll have some good news shortly.

James