Re: [Xen-users] How to execute external executable from xen VM!

To: Arun Kumar <mailinform@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to execute external executable from xen VM!
From: Jeff Lane <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:13:49 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 06:14:27 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=bTQdUdoXQ1LM1CK+T3KfoQAG4WaVfXOeWgh/P526ank=; b=CmlefP0SOPNf7Lfpjh7GbM702FN2VBOGyZ1DSgTzXNjxiiUWmhJZx/dagECsGhhgWi necImBLgpr9nOHBrEEDpVELq9dLWvtiBg2+u4eb8TD2KIIufTOHZNeLFhj3lwBjKLIXY uyAMGL80U7082vuhW1dj0574o1fKac7S7aat0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Arun Kumar <mailinform@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I am starting Xen VM and want to execute one executable file from VM.
>
> The executable kept in /home/myprgtest folder.
>
> normally, from linux machine I may start that executable by typing ./testrun
> in terminal.
>
> But in VM, how can I start that executable.
>
> And also, is it possible to get IP address of the VM.

Well, you could always just log in to that VM, open a terminal and run
the program.

Or you could SSH or telnet in to the VM, start a screen session and
run the program.

A VM acts just like any other server, so the proceedure for starting
programs and executing commands locally and remotely are exactly the
same as doing so on any computer.

As for getting the IP address...  it's the same as you would, again,
on any computer.  Log in, run ifconfig.