Given that I use tap:aio for several servers, I usually create sda1 as base disk, sda2 as swap, and sdb1 as additional filesystem. I setup an iSCSI server this week as I need a high volume storage for one of my VM's (about 800gb).
When I setup the iSCSI initiator to point to the iSCSI drive its detected just fine giving. The problem is that it tries to setup the disk as sda since I don't have a physical sda (as the VM's are already mounted with the direct paritions that I want.
I'm not sure if this is a xen problem or an iSCSI problem. I suspect that it's probably more of an iSCSI problem but someone must have run into this before.
major minor #blocks name
8 1 8388608 sda1
8 2 524288 sda2
8 17 33554432 sdb1
8 0 134217728 sda <-- iSCSI Test mount
8 1 134215011 sda1 <-- partition created on that mount from another machine
Xen-users mailing list