Re: [Xen-users] Xen-3.3 config file

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM,  <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have a config file that they wouldn't mind sharing that works
> under 3.3 and wasn't built by virt-manager?

Sure. Here's for PV domU

#=======================================================
memory = "500"
maxmem = "8000"

vcpus=8
vcpu_avail=1
cpus="1-7"

disk =  [
        'phy:/dev/rootVG/testrootlv,hda1,w',
        'phy:/dev/rootVG/testswaplv,hda2,w',
        ]
vif =   [
        'mac=00:16:3E:XX:XX:XX, bridge=brXX',
        ]
vfb =['type=vnc']
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
#=======================================================

vcpu_avail is new (at least it's not available on Xen 3.1). Combining
vcpus and vcpu_avail like that allows you to hotplug vcpu from 1 to 8
as needed. Memory and maxmem does the same thing for memory.

I like to use hda1 and hda2 (since I also prepare its contents
manually from a template), but if want to run Linux setup (e.g. from
http-install) you probably want to set it as hda or xvda.

And here's for Windows HVM
#=======================================================
memory = 500

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:XX:XX:XX, bridge=brXX' ]
disk =  [
        'phy:/dev/rootVG/hvmlv,hda,w',
        'file:/data/iso/w2k3/w2k3.iso,hdc:cdrom,r',
        ]

boot="cd"
#boot="dc"

device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'

vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
vncpasswd=''