Re: [Xen-users] guest only networking

To: garyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] guest only networking
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:57:35 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:58:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:30 AM, Gary Koskenmaki <garyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to use Xen in the following way and having a real problem
> getting it to work.

> Is this possible?  So far all my attempts at it have failed.  I can
> successfully set up two publicly available ip addresses on the DomU's
> using separate NICs on Dom0, but any time I try using a single NIC and a
> purely virtual network on the DomU's the DomU's lose all networking

What distro do you use?
RHEL/Centos should include libvirtd by default, which creates the
bridge virbr0. This is similar to VMWare's NAT network setup. You
simply need to assign domU to virbr0 bridge.

In my case, I prefer to do all bridge setup using RHEL's method
(/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br*), and disabling xend's
network-script. It makes it easier to create complex network setup
(bridged + vlan, guest only, etc.)

Regards,

Fajar