Re: AW: AW: [Xen-users] domU on sparse-file on ocfs2 on drbd(pri/pri): I

Am Freitag, den 13.02.2009, 16:11 +0100 schrieb Rafał Skóra:
> There is a lot of tutorials about it on net. Morover xen has support for
> drbd based device.
> Search for "drbd xen live migration" on google.
> When You have drbd pri/pri workin You just use drbd as a device backend
> for domU(where the name of disk resource is name of drbd resource). Then
> You simple type xm migrate --live etc etc and thats it.

Yeah, but in most setups you have bunches of drbd-devices, which have to
be in sync. So Splitbrain-Situations will be tricky to fix.

In my setup there s only _one_ drbd-device which has to be in sync...

Also the drbd:-VBD are not so performant (if you have many drbd-devs) as
you only have one device holding _all_ your virtual-disks through lvm.

and finally i can do only online backups through lvm-snapshot...

Just my 2 cents..

But if none of you interested i ll keep that secret ;)

Thomas