RE: [Xen-users] Win2003 DomU driver problem

To: "Felix Chu" <felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Win2003 DomU driver problem
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:25:53 +1100
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 04:26:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I just installed Xen PV Driver 0.9.12-pre13 on my Win2003 server DomU.
> After installed I check the Device Manager, there are still two device
> with "!" message. Below is the screenshot.
>
> (1)   Intel(R) 82371SB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
>
> (2)   Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
>
> How can I fix the driver problem of these two devices?

You'll just have to put up with it unfortunately. A previous version of
GPLPV was 'hiding' the devices, but that was causing some delay problems
during boot and some other issues.

Basically the problem is that by the time it is possible to identify the
devices I needed to hide, windows had already been told about them, so
taking them away made it upset.

There is a patch you can apply to Xen 3.3.1 to allow hiding via a
different method - telling qemu to hide the devices - which works
properly and allows the qemu cdrom device to still be used which
supports eject etc. I haven't heard of anyone except me having any
success with it though.

James