RE: [Xen-users] [OT] Spam in the list?

To: "Boris Quiroz" <borisq22@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] [OT] Spam in the list?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:16:13 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:17:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi there,
>
> I got spam, offering replica watches, from this email account:
> www-data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I really don't care about spam, but the account where it came from
> makes me think there could be a problem...

I hope that you put very little trust in the 'from' address of any spam
you receive. There are thousands of Russians receiving a continuous
stream of spam which appear to them to be coming from an email address
of mine. I keep receiving NDRs, but the headers on the NDR's show that
it has never been anywhere near me.

If you are unsure, post the headers from the message you received, I'm
sure that they will show that the spam has nothing to do with any
xensource servers.

James