RE: [Xen-users] HVM and Intel VT processors

To: "Ma-ris Ruskulis" <maris@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] HVM and Intel VT processors
From: "Tait Clarridge" <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:32:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:35:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

The GPLPV drivers provide paravirtualized drivers for networking, disk and
others that improve that performance in HVM domains. The regular HVM domains
use the default qemu-dm for devices. The CPU's VT instructions don't handle
device drivers :)

I wish I could tell you more, but the without the VT enabled CPUs you wouldn't
be able to run a Windows domU.

Best,

Tait