RE: [Xen-users] Not able to assing static IP to domU

To: "Meghanand Acharekar" <vasco.debian@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Not able to assing static IP to domU
From: "Tait Clarridge" <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:14:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:16:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

What I do is pass the mac address in the config file after I boot up the domU
and do an ifconfig ethX.

Then I make sure the HWADDR= line in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX is what ifconfig tells me for that
interface.

For the domU config file it should be :

vif= [‘bridge=bridgeInterface,mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx’]

for the networking interface line.

The reason behind this is that (I think) Xen assigns random MAC addresses when
the domU is started.. but others will have to verify that.

Best,
Tait