From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:54 PM
To: xen-users
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Distributed xen or cluster?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for all of the input.

> You might want to check out the many management frontends to Xen. I'm
> using the simplest one (I believe), ConVirt (formerly XenMan), for

So far, just playing with xen I've only used the desktop which I don't much
care for and command line virsh to control things. In my world, the best tool
for basic management would be a cli based basic gui rather than the desktop.
It's just too much overkill just to manage guests. I'll take a look at the
above tools too.

> even automatic deploy will. You can find some links to various
>projects on
> the xen.org web page.

Not sure if you read this full thread but folks have given some really great
leads to quite a number of tools, some more complex than others, but all
useful.

> around live servers has drastically changed the uptime for our Windows
> servers, far beyond any complicated clusters we've put up previously.
>And

When I think about my concerns, they are really only related to win machines. I
have a handful of win servers which need to be up and reliable and aren't using
the greatest applications so can't be very redundant. That's why I started the
thread wondering if I could cluster VM servers redundantly, hoping to just make
the who win OS's redundant.

Anyhow, it's really the win machines that are giving me the grief, the linux
machines are easy to run redundant.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet
de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u
verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat
aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband
houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch verzenden van berichten.

Bezoek onze vernieuwde website www.defensie.nl

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are
not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are
requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The State accepts no
liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the
electronic transmission of messages.

Please visit our new website www.defensie.nl