Re: [Xen-users] weird domU sizes

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the reply.

I've done more tests and have confirmed that wne I do a simple cp to an nfs or local storage wether its ext3 or xfs, the size of the file is roughly 1/3 of the size of that same file in its soruce dir of /var/ lib/xen/images.

The backups are fully functional and seem to have no issues but its still puzzling to me.

I don't consider this a bonus that the copy ends up being a lot smaller because this could be a prelude to disaster.

Any one care to comment and why I am seeing this?

Has any one else done backups of the domU files to other locations and seen a diff in size?

I've even had the backup machine be a smaller disk the the source with the same results.

- Brian