[Xen-users] Networking: Bridged and NAT

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Networking: Bridged and NAT
From: "Andy Neillans" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:05:02 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:05:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have a Xen 3.0 server up and running on Ubuntu which has been migrated
from running VMWare Server after having many problems, but have a query.

I have three fixed IP Addresses, which are assigned with two for virtual
machines and one for the physical host. Under VMWare, I simply ran NAT and
Bridged interfaces at the same time and just switched the configuration -
VMWare pretty much handled it all for you. I know that Xen can do the NAT
interfaces happily, I'm just a little confused after reading the
documentation and surfing google as to the right way to approach it.

What I'd like to end up with is something like (the IP Addresses are
obviously not valid in this example):

Public IP       Private IP      VM
100.10.10.1                     Host (dom0)
100.10.10.2                     Virtual Machine 1
100.10.10.3                     Virtual Machine 2
                192.168.1.1     Virtual Machine 3 (port 80 mapped through
from 100.10.10.1)
                192.168.1.2     Virtual Machine 4 (port 443 mapped through
from 100.10.10.1)

If possible, I would like to be able to have Virtual Machine 2 also present
on the private IP block, as well as the public block, although this is not
really necessary, just makes life easier for me :)

So: Does anyone have any suggestions, pointers on how to approach this? Any
idea where I can find the relevant information?

Thanks in advance!

Andy Neillans