[Xen-users] Disable QEMU monitor in HVM domains

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Disable QEMU monitor in HVM domains
From: "Rik v. A" <rikratva@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:43:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 04:43:59 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=cDkae0uc6OrShTtNbLy1NZhv3/XCUNwfcN4nTwNcZf8=; b=J3XyUFOabitTjexVWlV6Sis4JEmayWXRWgQEc7mmpsdavaqZhTO/1elF5FIbGvbGJL 0fiZ6z6qTmA2ZyH6uWXiv+ZdgKk1cuezhC6cG9PIiYTWiRja7ijKSCGCtE6VvJM6qDdz vNmy/EIACfGyYO3AbFvC9j1XD6vrCv3DMlYzU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I use Xen 3.3, installed from sources. I run a few HVM domains for
clients. QEMU is also from the Xen 3.3 source package.

It seems that the QEMU Monitor is *by default* accessible via the VNC
interface (CTRL+ALT+2) on these domains. I did some research on
Google, and it seems that most people say that it has been disabled by
default since an earlier Xen/QEMU branch.

I am using more or less the default out-of-the box configuration, with
few options changed.
This is of course a big security risk. The monitor should be disabled
by default, and it clearly isn't.

I can't seem to disable it either. I tried options "monitor=0" and
such in the domain configurations, but there's no difference.

I would really, really, really like to change this behavior!

Kind regards,
Rik