RE: [Xen-users] Xen - Windows Server 2003 - Keyboard won't connectunder

Thanks for this James,

Yes I could recompile. I was considering moving up to Etch and a Half but I note that support in the kernel for Xen is broken.

Given that this will have to be a production machine soon, I'll check for a backport and failing this, recompile the kernel with Xen 3.3.

The damnable thing about all this is that it is only affecting Windows. Just about every other O/S I have thrown at the current Xen setup has been fine, at least through the initial install phase . And VirtualBox works without a hitch.

Windows .............

Will report back.

Cheers
G.

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 20:53 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There must be a really obvious answer to this question as I have found
> zilch anywhere one the 'Net on this. So please forgive what may be a
> stupid question.
>
> I have a new server with Debian Etch (AMD64) and the Xen kernel
installed.
> I have so far gotten as far as successfully firing up a virtual
machine
> and getting it to read the CD and begin a Windows 2003 R2
installation.

Are you using the Etch Xen packages (3.0.3 or something equally old),
the Etch Backports Xen packages (3.2.1 I think), or have you installed
from XenSource (3.3.0)?

I could barely get the Etch packages running at all when I tried them,
but I used the ones from Backports for quite a while without any major
problems (except they are broken for windows 2008).

I highly recommend that you uninstall all the Debian Xen packages and
install 3.3.0 directly, assuming you are familiar with building kernels
etc.

James

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by MailScanner and is believed to be clean.

George Fong
Lateral Plains Pty Ltd
Tel: +61 3 5335 2243
Just remember, wherever you go .... there you are.