RE: [Xen-users] Realtack 8169 doesn't work based puppy-xen

To: "wei zhou" <weizhou.sir@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Realtack 8169 doesn't work based puppy-xen
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:54:02 +1100
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:54:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I installed the xen-3.3.0 on Puppy Linux .
> My computer has two NIC cards, one is 8139 100M ,the other is 8169
1000m.
> When the xen-3.3.0 installation was finished , I login into the xen
kernel
> . I found the 8169 card didn't work ,the 8139 card can work well.
> But i found some informations:
>
> Sometimes i load the 8169 modules and up the card ,i can see the
kernel
> info and the card can be actived. But the ping operation cann't be
> successed.
>
> Sometimes i load the 8169 modules and up the card ,i cann't see the
kernel
> info or the card cann't be actived .
>
> Whatever the 8169 cann't be actived.

Was the 8169 working before you installed Xen? If so, what module was it
using? Is it now using the same module?

I don't know anything about the 8169 but some of those cards had more
than one driver available.

Also, compare the kernel config for the non-xen and the xen kernel,
maybe there are some different options selected?

James