Re: [Xen-users] DomU can't be destroyed

To: tad1214 <tad1214@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU can't be destroyed
From: Ken Cobler <kcobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:47:49 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 15:48:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tad1214 wrote:
Thomas Halinka-5 wrote:
Hi Tom,

I have searched for a bit and haven't found anything. I am having an
issue
with DomU's persisting (even after a reboot) that aren't running, and
can't
be destroyed. Problem is I cant create one with the same name either.
This
is Xen 3.3.0 on Centos 5.2.
[root@COBRA1 ~]# xm list.........
xm destroy leaves the xm still in xm list.

[root@COBRA1 ~]# xm create /etc/xen/auto/andy.centos.dev
Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/andy.centos.dev".
Error: VM name 'andy.centos.dev' already exists
this domain is managed through xenstore....

  # xm start andy.centos.dev

"man xm" does not show this option, but "xm" does
start Start a Xend managed domain ...

The rest of these are set up the same and work perfect. I'm sure its
something I'm missing on my part though.

Thanks!
-=Tom

Thomas

Thanks for the quick reply Thomas,

I did the following.

[root@COBRA1 ~]# xm start andy.centos.dev
Xend has probably crashed!  Invalid or missing HTTP status code.

and ssh is now dead :-\. All the DomU's are still up though.....

The XM andy.centos.dev did not start.

Thank god for remote reboot strips :)

Any logs in particular I should post? I am fairly new to Xen.

Thanks!
-=Tom

I had the same problem when I compiled Xen 3.3. I was getting "domain not halted" when I tried to delete a domain that was halted.

I resolved the problem by commenting out the lines 1064-1067 in /usr/lib64/python/xen/xend/XendDomain.py

Then, when I run "xm delete domainXXX" it deleted the domain. I could then execute "xm new domainXXX" to make a new domain with the same old domain name.

Ken Cobler