[Xen-users] Re: Using DRBD w/Xen disk images under CentOS?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Using DRBD w/Xen disk images under CentOS?
From: Aleksandar Ivanisevic <aleksandar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:10:55 +0100
Cancel-lock: sha1:TND8ccVcAFzZYz8QQhQOkviHOwg=
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:11:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nathan Stratton <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Daniel Kao wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> One other question.  I have a bunch of VM's using Xen disk images
>> under the dom0's filesystem.  Is it possible to use DRBD to "mirror"
>> the Xen disk images for Xen VM's to use on another box for live
>> migration, etc?
>
> If your talking about having two xen boxes with DRBD under them and
> being able to live migrate between them yes, we do this today in
> production in two clusters.

Do you use drbd primary/primary and live migration? If it works, which
version of drbd and which kernel/xen version are you using? What is in
domUs?

I have tons of problems with this setup: jittery domU clock, random
domU crashes (luckily no dom0), network going down randomly in domU
after migration, etc, but have no clue what could be the problem lvm,
drbd or xen, or all three.

--
To sto si frustriran, zavidan tko zna na cemu i sto ne vidis dalje od
svoje guzice je tuzno. Da onda barem imas toliko samokontrole da