Re: [Xen-users] how to assign public IP for different dom

Pete Kay wrote:

Within my local lan, I have a Centos box with 6 domU. What I would like to do is to be able to assign different public IP to each of these dom. Does anyone know how to do that? What do I need to do in my dom0 and in my local lan router to configure different ip for each domU?

Sorry, but my crystal ball is on the blink - you'll have to specify what your problem is !

I can GUESS that your WAN router is doing NAT, and I can GUESS that you've actually got the public IPs assigned to you by your ISP. There really is nothing special to Xen here, all you need to do is configure your network in the same way you would configure a network of real machines, and configure your WAN router to do the inbound NAT mapping or routing as appropriate.

One option is to configure your WAN router to route the traffic without doing NAT - and then configure each machine with a public IP. If you want the machines to be multihomed (ie have address on the internal network as well as the public network), then I believe as recently as this week there have been one or two threads here on how to configure multiple networks on the Xen host and guests.

Or you can leave the NAT in place, configure each machine with an RFC1918 private address, and use a static NAT mapping in the router to forward traffic to the appropriate internal address.

--
Simon Hobson