Re: [Xen-users] xend won't start on Ubuntu Hardy server

Markus Schönhaber:

> Denny Schierz:
>
>> i got also everything running with the hardy (multiverse) backports from
>> Xen 3.3. Including HVM.
>
> I don't doubt that, and looking for Xen packages at
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy-backports/allpackages
> verifies it (time to take "brain-dead" back).
> Nevertheless, on one of my machines only libxen3 got updated leading to
> the same error on xend startup as the OP saw. So, chances are that the
> same mix between 3.2 and 3.3 packages I saw was the reason for the OP's
> problem too.

Looking at this more closely I tend to reconsider taking "brain-dead"
back: while there are *different* packages for the 3.2/3.3 Xen
hypervisor and the 3.2/3.3 Xen utils, there is only *one* libxen3
package available. So if you simply install the available updates
without actively installing the other 3.3 Xen packages, you'll end up
with this non-working mix.

Regards
  mks