Re: [Xen-users] Guest - slow response to keystroke (SOLVED)

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest - slow response to keystroke (SOLVED)
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:52:19 +0800 (CST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:53:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 23:46 +0800 schrieb Stephen Liu:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >

> > > Removing the mac-adress is not a good idea, since xen generates
> one
> > > on
> > > every domu-startup, if this is not defined.
> > >
> > > So you will increase your ethX on every domu-startup, because for
> > > udev
> > > its a new nic, since it has a new MAC-Adress.
> >

> > I have 19 guests created on the Xen box.  Most *.cfg file don't
> have
> > MAC-Address, only 2 of them having it.
>
> ok, take one of this 17 guests, which has no mac assigned.
>
> xm console guestxyz
>       e.g. shows eth0 with MAC-ADRESS_A

Hi Thomas,

I know why only 2 guests have MAD address.  The rest 17s don't have it.
 Most times I ran ssh-connect the guests to do the job after having
them created.  In seldom occasion I ran "xm console ..." to connect
guest.  Thanks for your hint.

I'll come back to other points later.  I'm not on the Xen box.

B.R.
Stephen