Re: [Xen-users] cant use sda on domu

To: <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] cant use sda on domu
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:41:03 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:39:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As I stated before, with PV domUs, it doesn't matter what you call the devices in the domU config or /etc/fstab as long as you're consistent between the two.  PV domUs use the Xen VBD driver, not IDE or SCSI drivers, to communicate with the block device, so it doesn't matter if it's hda, xvda, or sda - it will still use the xenvbd driver and should work, as long as your configs match.

Are you using paravirtualization or hardware virtual machine (full virtualization, HVM)?

-Nick