[Xen-users] Xen documentation are still too old

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen documentation are still too old
From: Denny Schierz <linuxmail@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:57:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:00:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

i'm a real Xen user since version 2.0.7 and i still believe on the power
and charme from Xen. I used Xen for my costumers, for my own and I'm
proud to tell everybody about Xen, what they can do with the hypervisor
and i've written severals German HOWTOs. But, where the sun is, the
shadow isn't far away: Xen lacks absolutely on actual docs. The ManPages
are still not updated (many FIXME), not all parameters are listed in
(5), for example

cpu_cap and cpu_weight? How can i define it in a DomU config? (i know
it, now)

another example:

"dom0-min-mem" is listed, but where is "enable-dom0-ballooning yes" ?
Take a look, what you have with "xm help" and what you get in the
manpage.

At this time, i have to read the sourcecode, to know, what this means.
Xen has so many features, but without good manpages, nobody knows about
them. Also the ("make -C docs") the documentation in the Xen source
code, is more for developers (and still to old too), than for new users.
They better searching with Google for HowTos.

So, why it is so hard to take some time for a good documentation,
instead of developing new features, where nobody knows,that they exists,
if they don't read the source code or the mailinglists?

cu denny