Re: [Xen-users] Problem with VT-d on Mainboard Intel DQ45CB

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem with VT-d on Mainboard Intel DQ45CB
From: Franz Regensburger <Franz.Regensburger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:27:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:28:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello James,

did you do the following (it's metioned in my howto file)?

>make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
>
>      change XEN->"PCI-device backend driver" from "M" to "*".

This compiles the PCI-device backend driver fixed into the kernel.
I tried to use the module but did not succeed in loading the module and
activating the PCI backend hiding that way. However, compiling it fixed into
the kernel works for me.

Regards,

Franz