Re: Re: [Xen-users] [booting message]: WARNING: ****/lib/tls glibclibrar

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 22:08 +0800, Y. D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I moved the /usr/lib/tls to /usr/lib/tls.disabled as told by the message, but
> the warning did not disappear.
> I just commented the lines in arck/i386/kernel/fixup.c, then recompiled the
> kernel.
> Now, it is eventually avoided. I don't know if it is the rightest way,
> nonetheless it works.

Init is probably statically linked against your C library (in this case
glibc). Your version of init was not built against Xen friendly libc,
hence you see this warning every time init runs.

The reason that disabling tls did not make it go away is because init is
not loading those shared objects. Your better off installing libc-xen
and recompiling init.

Taking that code out of fixup is most decidedly a bad idea. If for some
reason you happen upon some threading service that is statically linked,
you'll have very little clue as to why things keep dying :)

For something like init, the warning is trivial. If something like ... a
web server threw that warning, it would be a big problem, as it
indicates that the service itself is statically linked against a
xen-unfriendly libc.

Really, in most cases, its safe to ignore. If a boss or co-worker is
panicking about it, just rebuild the offending program.

Cheers,
--Tim