[Xen-users] domU, 2 ethX, iscsi, vlan...

Subject: [Xen-users] domU, 2 ethX, iscsi, vlan...
From: Longina Przybyszewska <longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:07:02 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:07:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,
I have a Xen server based on Ubuntu Hardy distribution.
I would like to give domU's access to iscsi targets fra SAN in the vlan environment.

In dom0 I have enslaved 2 NICs into bonding interface, made seperate bridges dedicated to seperate vlans.
There is a special iscsi-bridge for SAN/iscsi vlan.

I would like to have a domU with two interfaces: eth0 binding to the vlanXX-bridge and
eth1 binding to the iscsi-bridge to get iscsi target.

My problem is that with the standard mechanism (vif-script vif-bridge) for making domU's image, I get networking in domU only via the eth0, the first interface on the list. I examined the domU's root filesystem and find out that in /etc/network/interfaces there is only the first interface defined.

The vifx.x on dom0 side are correctly placed in the iscsi-bridge and vlanXX-bridge.

Is it a bug, or do I make it in a wrong way?

In any case, what is the best approach ( make a route or make the seperate bridge) for joining eth0&eth1 together in domU - having in mind access to iscsi drive?

Longina
Longina Przybyszewska, system programmer
IT@Naturvidenskab

IMADA, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science

University of Southern Denmark, Odense
Campusvej 55,DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark

tel: +45 6550 2359 - http://www.imada.sdu.dk
email: longina@xxxxxxxxxxxx