Re: [Xen-users] Xen kernel and Vmware Server

To: <jayllo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen kernel and Vmware Server
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:27:49 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:28:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've tried this before and have never had any success getting VMware
Server to run on a Xen kernel.  There are some technical things to
overcome with the Linux kernel's access to the hardware, but it also
could be that VMware doesn't want this to work.  I've never actually
gotten the VMware Server kernel modules to compile on a Xen kernel -
they always seem to fail.

-Nick

--
Nick Couchman
Manager, Information Technology

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.